
Okay- design to the left says "Amber Ruth" in Arabic...what a beautiful language. I am so enjoying studying Arabic this year. It's keeping me sane academically. Ana tahibuna ktir habibis!! I'm thinking about getting a tattoo at some point...let me know what you think of this design - I love it.
So I had a breakdown yesterday when I started talking with my wonderful roommate/best friend and another friend about moving away and leaving this life behind. Yikes! I just started crying...poor kids, didn't know what to do with me.
It's started to get cold again and I have kept up my habit of drinking coffee inside and outside as an afternoon ritual, often having random conversations in the backyard with our neighbors and Jess when she's around for it too. No worries, I am still a hot tea girl! I enjoy a cup every morning during my first hour at work.
The thought I have been dwelling on most that has stuck with me from Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell (ps - I much recommend you read this if you haven't) is that the "glory" of God is a phrase that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me all the time. What the heck do we mean by "glory"? John Piper helped me to understand glorifying God to some degree means enjoying God, delighting in Him (I have learned through experience there is a certain correlation between joy and obedience) and making a big deal out of God. Okay -then Velvet Elvis enters, and I think about the glory of God in creation to be understood as the weight or significance of God. You look around and you can see it - the weight of God is in each thing. His signficance fills the earth - hence, his glory fills the earth. Let me know what you think.
On a random note - we have twinkle lights, 2 wreaths and stockings - I caved in and let Jess have Christmas a little early...=^)
1 comment:
Hey Sweet Friend! I'm so sorry you had a breakdown, but know that God is still sovereign over our emotions too! Obedience has been His theme in our times lately (me & God), and I totally hear what you're saying about joy in obedience- whatever shape that takes on. I love you & I'm praying for you!!
Post a Comment