2 Words about yesterday: GO GATORS!! 34-7 over the Seminoles for my last game in the Swamp as a UF student. Pretty sweet way to go out on the whole thing!!! We had a blast at the game then made chicken wings (one of my favorite things on earth…woo hoo, go Dewitt w/ the cooking skills)
Thanksgiving was great – my parents came up to Gainesville and we made lots of food. I had to work the Friday after – go retail jobs – but had the night off so we went to dinner w/ my roomie too then decorated the newest addition to our household - “Albina Aina” – a Christmas tree (pictures to come soon)!! Albina means “white skinned” in Italian (she only has on white lights) and Aina means “complicated delivery” in Yoruban (she was a bit complicated to get set up, though neither Jess or I would know since we only did the fun decorating and my parents set the whole thing up while we were at work). Also, I only made it through the “A” names on www.babynamesworld.com (home to 11,000 names from around the world complete with origins and meanings – now you too can name your Christmas tree).
I woke up early this morning so had a couple hours before church started. I sat downstairs and had an amazing time reading more from Ezekiel. Between our candles, the pine tree smell from the Christmas tree, fresh morning air and my Earl Grey Green Tea I was on cloud nine!
I hope everyone had an amazing Thanksgiving and remember as finals are approaching to call if you need anything – we’re around and our apt is open for studying and breaks!
Sunday, November 27, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment