Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Beach





My roomie K and I went to the beach this weekend and it was a marvelous get away. Food first - the pictures above are from a chinese restaurant and Pizza Hut. Can you imagine? So delicious! We stayed at a hotel one night that had a beach side pool and also beach access. We did get to eat out at the hotel restaurant without long sleeves or a bandana! This weekend I got to read a marvelous book, Redeeming Love, based on the book of Hosea set in 1850s California. I was yet again reminded of His constant love and acceptance of me. He indeed has taught me to love, trust and live. I felt my heart melting yet again, yet at the same time feeling sorrow at the stark realization of His pain at my rebellion and the price to redeem me. What rejoicing at His everlasting covenant with us has marked the last few days! It was a refreshing time physically and for my heart.

PS The green tea picture above from the restaurant is for those of you who have been asking about my hair length...=^)

7 comments:

Becky said...

I am glad you got to read Redeeming Love. It's one of my favorite books. :)

Anonymous said...

The beach looks absolutely wonderful! And I must say, your hair looks beautiful! Miss and love ya!

Rcpeab said...

Hair's cute. Mine's longer! I'll take a pic soon and post it.

Jess said...

I miss you, beautiful girl!!! Check out my blog- I put a pic up for you from the wedding! I'll email more soon!

bugfun said...

Hey, Cutie - nice to see you up close and personal - most of your pics are far away! Hot and steamy here - EM will be home this weekend. Love AG

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky and I got Steve to read Redeeming Love too....awesome book. Pizza Hut is good too!!

barb

angela said...

your hair looks so long... you are beautiful! love you!