Tuesday, February 28, 2006

like a rockstar....

Hello my loves! I feel like I'm one of those rockstars on tour writing a travel diary today. Mostly just wanted to give a quick shout out and say that I made it to TN safely and am having a wonderful time w/ my roommate from the interview in VA that I went to in January (we call her jmay). Sunday I got to spend some good times w/ my girls in ATL. I even found 2 shirts in the sleepwear section at Target that are super cute and long so I'll be able to wear them when I move - yay!

I drove up to TN from Atlanta yesterday morning and hung out at Union for awhile when we decided it best to road trip more and head to Memphis to hang out w/ jmay's mom and little bro. And then last night I got to see a girls basketball game - the kappa delts vs. the non-greek girls who showed up and wore yellow and grey shirts. It was a hilarious display of air balls and struggles over the ball which began and ended with one girl on the floor clutching the ball in fetal position not willing to give it up. They did make some shots though - the final score was something in the teens to a single digit number.

The reality of only having one more week in Gainesville is a little strange, but I'll be so excited for that good time we're going to have Friday night at the FLU house and next week at the ox and around town. I love you kids.

I leave you with this that I found outside my door on an index card when I awoke this morning to someone making hot team (mmmm....can't beat that!):

"Ointment and perfume delight the heart,
And the sweetness of a man’s friend gives delight by hearty counsel."
-Proverbs 27:9

Sorry no picture today - I'm not doing this on my computer!

No comments: